Saturday, April 2, 2011

Monthly Recap: What I learned in March 2011

Amber Strocel does a monthly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. So here's what I learned in March:

1.  My husband can rock a rainbow butterfly bag like no body's business.

2.  Monthly trips to the aquarium provide a yardstick for Lilah's development.  On our most recent visit, the changes that had taken place since our last visit were striking.  She got so much more from the exhibits - exclaiming in excitement over the "pishies" (fishies), "boggies" (froggies) and "boogas" (Belugas).  One thing that hasn't changed?  She's still convinced that the otters are kitties that swim.

Watching the sea "kitties" with Daddy
3. Writing a letter to myself as a brand new mother was extremely therapeutic and sparked some valuable discussion.

4.  Nap battles are not fun for anyone.  However, if losing the battle means a short catnap next to this sweet sleeping soul, I can be okay with that.

Lilah finally napping - in Mommy's bed
5.  My kid is a puker.  Anytime there is a bug going around, we can assume she's going to catch it.  And just when we think she's all better, we can expect a mini-relapse.  But according to the comments I received, the mini-relapse is actually fairly common.  Wish I knew why that happens and how to prevent it!

6.  I'm not a fan of guns but I do enjoy a good gun show once in awhile.
7. I finally understand what all the fuss around smart phones is about.  Oh, and Hipstamatic?  Dripping in pure, undiluted awesomesauce.  Retrolicious!

8.  Lilahbility: fashion icon.

9.a) It takes over an hour to clean a public pool that has been pooped in. 9.b) The technical term for poop in the pool is "a fouling."  9.c)  There's only so long a toddler can spend on the ramp into the hot tub.  (In case you're wondering, Lilah was not the fouler and we were thankfully not in the pool when said fouling actually occurred.)

10.  When you walk down the street with two small toddlers holding hands, you are sure to get a whole lot of smiles and exclamations of "awwwww!"

Walking down Main Street with her boyfriend
Tell me, what did you learn in March?

5 comments:

  1. You see? You learn something new every day! I've never heard of the term "fouling" before. Now I know. Lilah looks adorable in that purple car. Ari would be jealous. He is such a vehicle man.

    WOW! She's talking so much! I can't believe she's saying at toddler version of "belugas." Go Lilah! I also love the aquarium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sea kitties. Everything is a BEESH to Theo and that includes flying saucers (don't ask).

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k. I am going to try this one more time. I am on my in laws computer and it does not seem to be working too well.
    If you get this comment twice, then I am a dork. We went to the aquarium this month for the first time since Sarah was 22 months old. Both kids loved it and we spent 4 hours there. So me let our science world membership expire and get an aquarium pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gawd your kid is cute. Especially when she's sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that as a swimmer I knew that the appropriate time for a cleaning after a "fouling" was an hour........however I'm pretty sure they made us swim in water that wasn't clean.............so I might give it more than an hour!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...