Monday, July 19, 2010

Pros and Cons

Things I love about being back at work:
  • Drinking my morning tea while it's still hot.
  • Taking a proper lunch break.
  • Peeing alone. With the bathroom door closed. No audience!
  • Knowing that Lilah is getting to spend this time with her daddy.
  • Getting email updates from the Hubs about nap length, food consumption, and overall mood (yes, I'm talking about Lilah's overall mood, although he does sometimes include an update on his own mood as well).
  • The fact that I'm currently only working two days a week.
  • Reuniting with my professional identity.
  • Being greeted at the door after a long workday by squeals of delight, baby cuddles, and a tiny hand frantically making the sign for "milk."

Things I hate about being back at work:

  • The alarm clock rudely interrupting my dreamy slumber at 6 am.
  • Pumping. Because I if I don't pump, my breasts ache and I feel like I'm going to explode.
  • Paperwork.
  • Skipping my afternoon nap.
  • Being stuck inside now that we're finally having summer.
  • The commute. And traffic.
  • Having to look at least halfway presentable. This means locating clothing that is stain-free and often includes ironing. I hate ironing. And after a year of living in workout gear, I'm at a bit of a loss as to exactly how to make myself look presentable and professional.
  • Missing so many of my sweet Pickles McGee's waking hours.
  • Separation anxiety. Mine and hers.

1 comment:

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...