Monday, May 3, 2010

10 Random Thoughts

To celebrate Lilah's 10 month birthday, here are just 10 of the many random thoughts swirling around this mommy's brain:

1. My 10-month-old is already acting like a teenager. She goes into her room and closes the door on me (sometimes rather forcefully) and won't let me in!

2. Lilah's digestive system may finally have sorted itself out. Constipation has not been an issue for well over a month!

3. I still need to find childcare for when I go back to work. Ugh!

4. It's official, my baby is a genius! Yesterday she used the sign for "milk" before and during nursing. I suspected she was doing the sign for "more" when eating things like blueberries (her second favourite thing in the entire world), but it's hard to tell because the sign for "more" looks a lot like hand-clapping when babies do it, and Lilah has been clapping her hands for quite some time. But now I know for sure - she's definitely signing "milk." Mensa, here she comes!

5. Someone really needs to invent a zipper that can be done up with one hand.

6. I could really do with a fudge brownie or a nanaimo bar right about now, but I still have about 5 pounds of "baby weight" (hah! more like cookie weight!) to lose before I go back to work. Otherwise I will need to buy a new wardrobe. I could probably button most of my work pants, but it wouldn't be a pretty sight, or all that professional-looking, for that matter.

7. I might be the only person in Vancouver who doesn't give a flying crap that the Canucks are in the Stanley Cup playoffs. If anything, I'm secretly wishing they get knocked out soon so they can stop highjacking my TV when there are good shows on. Thank goodness for PVR!

8. I'm really sick of having Lilah's snot all over my clothes. She's had the. snottiest. nose. EVER. for a week and a half now. I'm pretty sure it's teething-related, since there have been no other cold or flu symptoms. But I would like to see a tooth come through to confirm this theory and put the leaky nose on hiatus for a little while.

9. Who the hell is Justin Bieber, and when did he get so popular???

10. I now have 13 whole followers (ahem, I mean "readers")! Thanks for putting up with my bullying!

2 comments:

  1. everything you said is so funny and true.. but i loved number 9 -shows we are getting old...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in for number 7! Poor Lilah with the runny schnauz - I can relate. Maybe when she's done teething, it'll slow down.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...