Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Double Digits!

Woohoo! I've finally broken through into double digit territory on my "follower" count. But only because I nagged the Hubs into finally becoming one. Actually, if you must know, I bribed him with the promise of sexual favours. Hey, I figured he does read the blog regularly, why not make it official? I could use the ego boost, and he could use the action. (Haha, the trick is to promise the favours and then take as long as you possibly can to make good on the offer.)

10 whole followers. I'm drunk on the power!

There are a few people who have admitted to reading my blog at least semi-regularly but have yet to jump out of the shadows and onto the bandwagon. If that mixed metaphor applies to you, all you have to do is sign up as a follower and all will be forgiven. Hmmm... it just occurred to me that maybe it's the term "follower" that's holding you back? It does have a certain derogatory ring to it. Well, I can't do anything about the official Blogger terminology, but we can go with the more PC term "reader" if that makes you feel better.

I looked for a "feed my ego" gadget to spruce up my sidebar, but all I could find was "feed my fish," which, although fun, wasn't quite as apropos. So you'll just have to click "follow" instead. My ego thanks you in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda - it's me, Mic. I read occasionally. You're in my google reader but I don't appear as a follower b/c Wordpress isn't linked with Google Friend Connect.
    Anywhoo ... just wanted you to know I'm here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...