Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday of Few Words: Bobs and Lolo

On Friday Lilah met Bobs and Lolo.  They performed a mini concert at the Gap and, after rocking out to their music for half an hour, Lilah was just dying to have her picture taken with them.  Oh sure, she acted all aloof, and she pretended to be totally absorbed in the piece of cauliflower she was munching on, but on the inside she was like a frenzied tween waiting in line to meet Hannah Montana.  Or the latest pop sensation, whomever that may be - obviously I'm not a hip mom, and if Lilah was actually a tween, she'd be all, "Hannah Montana?  Mom, that's like so three years ago!"  Anyway, as children's music goes, Bobs and Lolo's is actually kinda great and I think I could listen to their songs repeatedly without wanting to stick hot pokers in my eyes.  I liked the emphasis on being friendly to the planet, and I found their song "Little Seed" quite sweet and touching without being overly sappy.  If Lilah is a very good girl, Santa just might put a Bobs and Lolo CD in her stocking!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Lilah really has skipped childhood and gone directly to tweenhood - just replace that cauliflower with a Starbucks or a Bubble Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she eats cauliflower? I'm impressed. I can't even get my husband to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BOBS & LOLO!!!! They were Jakey's first concert too. We're actually planning on going to see them for free at the Shadbolt Centre Thurs, Dec 9th at 5:30pm, if you want to join us...This is Sydelle, by the way (I think I signed in as Ryan...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet - She enjoyed the mosh pit, too!

    Marilyn - Only on special occasions - I've never gotten her to eat it before, but for some reason at the Gap party, she happpily sucked/munched on a piece of cauliflower for a quarter of an hour!

    Sydelle - Where's that? I'll email you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO jealous!! I love those ladies! I did an interview with them a while back!

    http://www.oldschoolnewschoolmom.com/2010/02/bobs-and-lolo-canadian-musical-duo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, Sarah! I just went back and read it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...