1. Never leave your toddler unattended in the bathroom. No, she did not stick her head in the toilet, just the entire roll of toilet paper.
2. I might not be a runner, but I can run for a cure. And I can raise a dumpload of money while I'm at it!
3. I hate waking up, getting dressed, and driving to work in the dark. But now that I have a kid, there is a major bright side to fewer hours of daylight. Lately she's been sleeping in, sometimes until 8 or even 8:45 (a new Lilahbility record!) on days when we don't have to wake her up to get her to daycare and ourselves to work.
4. Potty pooping is the best kind of pooping.
5. The massive leaps a two-year-old brain periodically takes are absolutely astounding. All of a sudden, she's engaging in imaginary play and acting out intricate scenarios between her water bottle and her fork at the dinner table.
6. When using a stand mixer, it is a very good idea to make sure that the bowl is properly secured to the base before turning it on. Otherwise you may find yourself in the aftermath of a crumble topping explosion like I did the morning of our Thanksgiving dinner.
7. The pumpkin patch still rocks.
8. When your Hubs thinks he has gallstones, this is the weekly meal plan he will create:
(Don't worry, no gallstones after all. Our diet has been slightly more varied than this as a result.)
9. My chosen career as a Speech-Language Pathologist comes with its own unique hazards. I was reminded of this one in early October: Don't lean in too close when a kid is trying really hard to make the /sh/ sound. Your face may become the unwilling recipient of excess saliva. (It's gotta go somewhere!) This is a lesson I seem to have to relearn every few years, unfortunately.
10. It will become apparent that you have kept your toddler out much too late when she starts begging for sleep and her crib on the drive home. Oops.
Your turn! What did you learn in October?
Also linking up with my girl Bruna at Bees with Honey for some Friday fun!