Saturday, October 22, 2011

Patch It Up

Consider this my obligatory October pumpkin patch post. It's an annual tradition.  If you were expecting something less predictable, you've come to the wrong place.  This is, after all, a mommy blog.


Last weekend, Lilah arranged a trip to the pumpkin patch with some of her besties.


(I know, I know, only one of them is looking at the camera, but I took about a dozen and this was the best of the bunch.  You try getting four two-year-olds to look at the camera at the same time!  The fact that we got them all sitting for the same 30 second period was a feat in and of itself.)

It was a beautiful fall day in Vancouver, and it appeared that the rest of the city had the same idea about heading to the patch.  The place was totally bumpin' by 10 am.  But once we made it through the ticket line-up and got inside, the fun began.

The pumpkins weren't the only things looking good on this particular visit.


 


 



There was music and there was dancing and there was a giant cob of corn with questionable rhythm.



But then, I guess it's hard to dance when your range of motion is restricted by a costume like this.

Lilah's friends danced their little hearts out and repeatedly stuck their little hands through the railings of the stage, patiently waiting for one the giant corn and pumpkin mascots to take pity and offer them a high five. Apparently the secret to achieving true rock star status is donning a giant corn suit.


 But there was one little girl who preferred to dance and admire from a safer distance and the protection of Daddy's arms.  Yep, you got it, that was my li'l Lilahbility.  It's times like these when I see so much of myself in her.


She may be shy when it comes to mascots, but girl throws herself whole-heartedly into the task of eating, and the farm fresh apples included in the price of admission were no exception.


 Neither were the donuts offered by a friend.


Once again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  (A terrible pun, for which I am simultaneously gleeful and apologetic.) 

It was a great trip, made all that much sweeter by the extra-long nap it induced. 

Have you made your trip to the patch yet this year?





19 comments:

  1. Wow, you take fabulous pictures! I can't tell if it's more your camera skills, or just that your daughter is so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bits of Bee Aww, shucks. Now Lilah and I are BOTH blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin patch posts are a must on a mommy blog. It is the must have post for fall.
    Lilah looks adorable in that hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I posted under my other account. That last comment was from me:)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pics!! Yes, we've been to 2 different pumpkin patches...that's how much we love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and wonderful annual tradition. One my kids don't get to enjoy over here in Malaysia. Love the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked the best day of fall to go. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't been to a pumpkin patch together (not even sure where one is around here!), but I wonder if Li'l D visited one with his daycare. All Friday evening, he was happily singing, "Pumpkin patch, pumpkin patch!" We should try to find one some night this week.

    Seeing this pictures made me feel a little more strongly that this needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures! The annual trip to the pumpkin patch is one of my favourite mommy moments! It's only topped by our annual trek in the woods at the local tree farm for our Christmas tree. I don't care if these are predictable....it is joyous, and how can we not share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I sound like a broken record, but I love, love, LOVE your photo taking talent! We went to the pumpkin patch just today! We go every year and the boys just LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @JenYou are a hardcore pumpkin patch enthusiast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Deb I highly recommend it. And as Lisa pointed out, it's the must have post for fall! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @RoryBoreSo true. Plus, annual traditions that are tied to family holidays and the changing seasons just turn me into a gooey pile of mush. Can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm tired of folks pooh poohing the pumpkin patch. It's a delight for children, and made for photos. Love your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Hopes@Staying Afloat!Thanks, Hopes. It's a labour of love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @MG AtwoodThank you! You're right - it just wouldn't be fall without a visit to the patch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow A those are some awesome pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures! I love the ones of everyone sitting on the pumpkins...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful photos, I miss the whole pumpkin thing, we don't have pumpkins here, maybe we could go to a butternut squash patch?

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...