Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pregnant Celebrities: Are They Just Like Us?

This week, the Listmaster was inspired by Us Weekly and asked us to come up with a list of how celebrities are just like us. Or not.

One would think pregnancy would be the great equalizer, right?  Wellll, yes and no.  Some celebrities do seem to be fairly normal when it comes to pregnancy.  They admit to craving naughty foods, gain weight everywhere instead of just looking like they swallowed a basketball, and some of them probably even get stretch marks.

Just like us:

Jennifer Garner
Image source
Apart from being married to Ben Affleck and being famous and having buttloads of money, Jennifer Garner seems like she could be the girl next door.  Like we could totally rent a chick flick together and pig out on popcorn, candy, and chocolate and justify it by saying we're eating for two.  And then we would compare pregnancy symptoms and braid each other's hair...
(Okay, it's possible I have a slight girl crush on Jennifer Garner.)

Jessica Simpson
Image source
Yep, she's gained a lot of weight during her pregnancy.  That's what most of us do.  Seems normal to me.  I wish people would stop calling her fat and back off a little.  Having grown up in the spotlight, it's probably the first time she's not had to watch her weight.  Let's just let her have that, okay?  (Those heels, however, fall into the "not normal" category.  Pregnancy is known to throw you off balance, and those just look plain treacherous!)

Alyson Hannigan
Image source
She just seems really down to earth.  Plus, she wears flats.

Reese Witherspoon
Image source
Another girl-next-door type. But blonder.  And this is the type of maternity outfit I can totally get behind.

Not at all like us (or perhaps I should just speak for myself?):

Victoria's Secret models
Image source

They look cute at every stage of pregnancy, stay skinny everywhere but their bellies, and are back on the runway and doing photo shoots mere weeks after giving birth.  Nope, not like me at all.  But then, I am currently polishing off the last of the Ben & Jerry's and am planning to chase that down with some Girl Guide cookies, so... mystery solved, I guess?

Snooki
Image source
I don't really need to explain this one, do I?

Natalie Portman
Image source
No one is supposed to look this good in a white dress while pregnant.  Her butt didn't even get fat!  (Butt not withstanding, I do love Natalie Portman.  This is purely jealousy speaking.)

Beyonce
Image source
I have nothing against Beyonce, but she was impossibly glamorous and glow-y throughout her entire pregnancy.  It just makes it hard for the rest of us regular preggos to keep up, you know what I mean?

Octomom
Image source
C'mon, you had to know that one was coming!

Now, in all fairness, I should be posting a recent preggy pic of myself for comparison, but sadly, I have very few from this pregnancy, and literally none since I truly popped.  It's on the to do list, I promise.  For now, you'll have to make due with my (somewhat distorted) shadow:


Happy Monday!

17 comments:

  1. I never understood Octamoms lips..
    Yes, I can get behind you on the first five. And I might just be jealous of the skinny ones. But more then anything I love you for eating Ben and Jerry's and reading listicles in the very same moment I did too!! Also I really want popcorn now. With of without Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother of God...I had never seen that one of octamom. Holy smokies!

    Natalie Portman just looks amazing.

    I agree with your whole rundown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shadow picture of you pregnant - it's the best one up there!
    And you're right, Natalie Portman's butt didn't get fat - how is that possible? Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Nicole Kidman wearing white pants a mere 3 weeks after giving birth? Truly not like us! Great post Amanda. Totally made me smile.
    I also feel for Jessica Simpson. Leave her alone already. But she is getting paid by Weight Watchers to lose the weight after, so it should turn out o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, our lists seem quite similar.
    I love Jen Garner too, though my girl crush as always been Ashley Judd.
    Beyonce did make pregnancy look too good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jennifer Garner, always have. And she is TOTALLY like us, except (speaking only for myself) for the cheekbones, the long legs, the boodles of money, and Ben Affleck. I draw the line at Jessica Simpson though...those shoes? those boobs? that dress? humph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am more than willing to bet the days those pics were taken, were their very best days. they just wouldn't be dare got Not looking good. the rest of us can kind of relax: since the paps are not waiting outside our doors to snap a pic.
    pass that ice cream and cookies would ya please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughing out loud I swear I am.
    Know that I hoped to look like the VS model {belly-wise}...I was always thin girl, figured I would have a little basket ball and be done with it. Yeah, ummm, not so much. I ended up much closer to Jessica. Who I think looks great! Great. And not big at all.
    That was more for me than her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - in case you're wondering...76 pounds with my first. That was 2 weeks before I delivered. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I never saw that Octomom picture before. That is so nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh my eyes. I did not need that Octomom pic. Great list. Snooki. Is she sure it's hers??

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Natalie Portman picture made me cry a little. She's too perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those heels! Honestly I can't even walk in them when I am NOT pregnant. And oh Natalie P... she might be MY girl crush. Octomom is a little scary...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looked exactly like that Natalie Portman when I was pregnant.

    Well, when I was eight weeks pregnant. Then I morphed into Jessica Simpson, only without the heels, great bag, or flowy dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true! I think what happened with Natalie Portman was she was like 90 lbs soaking wet before she was pregnant. She's just a tiiiiiiny girl! But I'll have you know that right now on baby #2 & 23 weeks pregnant I look just like that Victoria Secret model! Speak fo yo self girly! ;-) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay...Natalie Portman?! I am so jealous! What prego looks like that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! And your shadow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...