Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. This is the time of year when we eat turkey with stuffing and gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, pumpkin pie, apple crumble, ice cream... Oh yeah, and also, we reflect on our many blessings and offer up a huge bowl of gratitude to go with all that glorious food.
We have so, so much to be thankful for. It was hard to narrow the list down to something that could fit into just one blog post. But I managed.
1. For colour and beauty all around us, we give thanks.
2. For friends and family; those who live nearby and those who are far, we give thanks.
3. For girly girls who also can't resist a cool firetruck, we give thanks.
4. For more dessert than we can possibly eat, we give thanks.
5. For love and laughter and impromptu dance parties, we give thanks.
6. For those who watch our home videos and don't judge us based on our messy living rooms, we give thanks.
7. For toddlers who sleep through the night and haven't yet figured out how to climb out of their cribs, we give thanks.
8. For health, wealth, freedom, and opportunity, we give thanks.
9. For freely flowing hugs, kisses, and "I love you"s, we give thanks.
10. For husbands who win cruises (more on this later) and do more than their fair share of the cooking and cleaning (among many other great attributes), we give thanks.
Well, look at that! I wrote a list, and it just happens to be Monday, so I'm linking up with the awesome and inspiring Stasha of The Good Life for Monday Listicles.