Sunday, October 9, 2011

All in the Name of Boobies

Last Sunday, my Team Bloggers for Boobies teammates and I laced up our runners and participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure.  I am happy to report that as a team, we raised $2940 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

Team Bloggers for Boobies
Back row: Tracey, Lisa, Me, Naomi
Front row: Amber, Alexis, Wendy, Nicole, Ginger
Marilyn had to bow out, due to a bad cold and a hubby
who forced her (quite rightly) to put her health first.

I am also thrilled to tell you that I set some personal bests this year.  This was my fourth year running the race, and because of the generous donations of my friends, family, and colleagues (if you're reading this, thanks a million, my lovelies), I was able to raise $1095! 




And thanks to my friend Lisa, who was always about half a step ahead of me and set a perfect pace, I ran it faster than I ever have before.  We were on the same page from the word go, when we both plugged our music into our ears, put our heads down, and started pounding the pavement.  We clocked in at 30 minutes and some odd seconds.  I may have mentioned before that running isn't really my thing, so I'm pretty proud of that time.  But mainly, I just wanted to get it over with, and I knew if I slowed down or stopped, I would lose all motivation.


 
I love the feeling of being part of something so much bigger than me.  Joining a team contributed to that feeling.  And just being there, among the throngs of runners, joggers and walkers makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and tears edge their way into the corners of my eyes.  This cause is so important to so many people.  If you're there, it's because you just get it.  And I am proud to have done my small part and contributed to the over $30 million raised across Canada on October 2nd.


8 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Great job! And that is a lot of money you guys raised! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a perfect running partner and I had a great time running with you. Will race with you anytime my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing thing you did! Raising over $1000 and running for such a great cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JenThanks, Jen. Maybe I'll keep up with this whole running thing and become a RunnerMom like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LisaSweet! Let's do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Amanda! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job, on many counts! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...