1. I need to look at my Camera+ for iPhone photos before making my "What I learned" list each month. I forgot to include this in last month's learnings:
(In August I learned that the town of Gravenhurst, Ontario is home to the world's largest Muskoka chair.)
2. Hand, foot, and mouth disease is an awful, awful virus that affects mainly the toddler and preschool set. I do not wish it on any family.
3. It's hard to say goodbye to summer, but fall does have some redeeming qualities. And I was reminded of even more reasons to enjoy it thanks to some wonderful comments on my post about ushering in the fall.
4. A nice dinner out with girlfriends who've known me since the dawn of time is like slipping into the perfect pair of jeans: comfortable but flattering, and no need to suck in your gut.
5. If you leave your leg hanging out around a toddler armed with stickers, it may very well end up looking like this:
6. I joined my first Twitter #wineparty and it did not disappoint.
7. We invented a new wrestling game we like to call "sandwich" that involves covering Daddy's back in imaginary condiments and sandwich fixings and then jumping on him. Daddy's favourite part is being allowed to lie down, and Mommy's favourite part is "eating" the Lilah/Daddy sandwich. You could say the whole thing is just dripping in awesomesauce.
8. I burned up a wedding dance floor and realized I still have a few moves left in the ol' repertoire. Also? The Hubs and I can still clean up pretty nicely. It feels like more work than it used to, but it's worth it.
9. I found a new female family doctor (mine moved to Ontario about six months after she delivered Lilah) based on the recommendation of a friend, and so far I am quite pleased. It is such a relief to once again have consistent, reliable, and friendly care at a practice not far from our home.
10. Sometimes kid-sized trampolines just mysteriously appear in your courtyard. And when they do, you should take it as a gift and let your kid jump to her heart's content. And if it holds your weight, might as well give it a few bounces yourself. Heck, you only live once!
I'm also linking up with Stasha at The Good Life for Monday Listicles because, like me, she loves lists that come in sets of ten and she's such a gracious host that she doesn't even mind that I didn't stick to the prompt!