Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wednesday of Few Words: Maplewood Farm

On Saturday we made our second trip to Maplewood Farm, this time for a birthday party.  Once again, this wonderful little farm in North Vancouver, less than half an hour from our home, delivered.  The rain held off, the light was good, and the toddlers were even semi-cooperative with my photography attempts!




The adventurous birthday boy enjoyed getting up close and personal with the goats,


And my timid girl was very brave and even attempted to feed the ducks right out of the palm of her hand.






(Hands were washed before cake was consumed.)






This place might just have magical powers: Our visit there brought me to a whole new level of acceptance that fall is here, and it's really not such a bad thing.  The photo ops alone might just be worth the cold and the rain!



and then, she {snapped}Live and Love...Out Loud


Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Lovely shots, looks like fun. So good to see Lilah happy and smiling, healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'm wishing for fall over here now! I love Lilah in her outfit and her little yellow polka-dotted boots. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots - particularly like the shots of your little one walking down the pathway and the one of both the toddlers doing the same, oh and the one of the duck being fed. Great raincoat and boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! That looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos! I love the actions ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of Lilah running down the path. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @StashaThanks, Stasha. Yes, I always forget when she is sick that a lovely period of health and good attitude usually follows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great shots! my 2 year old is trying to feed the ducks through the computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Maple Wood Farm! I take my first graders there every year. Beauitufl photos Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @RoryBoreLol, I'll take that as a wonderful complement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bees With HoneyThanks, Bruna! It really is a fantastic day trip, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. NICE photos, Amanda! We'll be there at Christmas. Good to go then? We may even be there in November... stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics!! Love the feeding the ducks ones...so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great photos! I'm back on WW and linked up with your suggestion above. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pictures! What type of camera do you have as they are so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @harriet glynnYay! I can never get enough of Theo pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @MonkeeMamaCanonRebel T2i with a prime lens (50 mm). I adore my D-SLR and would highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in photography!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE those shots, especially kids in boots and the boy with the goat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photos are so crisp. Amazing.
    Love those little rain boots!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Lilah's rain boots! What a fun day that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Team LandoI don't think there is a person on earth who can resist a kid in rainboots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos! The duck ones were my favorite :) I'm glad you had a special day, and it looks like some fabulous memories were made. Looks like my kind of place for sure!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...