So, with Christmas less than a month away (don't hate me for saying that - I haven't started my Christmas decorating/shopping/meal-planning/package-sending yet either!) I thought I would treat you to some pictures dredged up from my Christmas archives. C'mon, it'll be fun, and it will help us all get in the Christmas spirit!
1. Okay, so this one is cheating just a tad. I can't guarantee this photo was taken at Christmastime. But it's one of my favourites of me as a kid, and it was definitely winter, so humour me, okay? That pout is pure two-year-old (I'm quite familiar with the sight of it on Lilah's face these days), so I'm going to hazard a guess that this was taken in 1981.
2. Circa 1984. When Cabbage Patch Kids were da bomb. Except we didn't say "da bomb" - did we even say "awesome" back then? I don't know, I was only five.
3. Roughly 1984 or '85. Still rocking the same haircut. No idea what is hanging around my neck in this picture, but it looks like a school project, and I look very pleased with myself.
4. Me in a school Christmas play, circa 1988 or so. Why didn't anyone tell me to tuck in the white t-shirt? It's kind of ruining the whole pink vibe I've got going on. And, because I know someone will ask, I can't tell you anything about that other kid except that I have a vague feeling his name was Jamie and he was the blue elf to my pink.
5. Fast forward through the awkward teen years, and we arrive at this
6. This picture was taken two days before Christmas of 2008, when I was exactly 14 weeks pregnant with the Lilahbility.
7. Christmas 2009 - Lilah was just shy of six months.
8. Last Christmas, Lilah was a little less than 18 months old. That's when it really started to get fun.
9. Lilah's cousins sharing a moment by the Christmas tree last year.
10. And last but not least, it just so happens that I took my favourite photo of all time on Christmas Day, 2010. I've been getting just a little mileage out if it, as you may be able to tell from my header.
Well I don't know about you, but going through old photos sure put me in the Christmas spirit! Now go treat yourself to an eggnog latte and head over to Stasha's to check out some other Monday Listicles.