1. Air travel with a toddler is infinitely more difficult than air travel with an infant. Also, when your tiny infant screams on a flight, people look at you with sympathy. When your toddler screams on a flight, people look at you with disdain. Except other people with toddlers. They're too busy trying to keep their own toddler from screaming to bother looking at you.
2. An ERGObaby carrier is worth its weight in gold. The only way I could get Lilah to take a much-needed nap during our five hour flights to and from Ontario was to go the back of the plane and bounce up and down and shush until she finally nodded off. Hard work, but completely worth it for a few minutes of peace.
3. Food, family, friends, and fun are the main ingredients for an awesome vacation.
|Having fun with my sister on our family vacation.|
5.a) I enjoy taking photos of other people's babies. 5. b) Lilah could stand to learn a modeling tip or two from her adorable little buddies.
6. The transition to daycare didn't kill us afterall. Lilah seems genuinely happy at her daycare, eating unprecedented quantities of her lunch, napping quite well, making new friends, and adjusting more quickly than expected.
7. Date nights are so refreshing. The Hubs and I need to do them more often and not always wait for special occasions like our anniversary.
|Anniversary date night self-portrait|
|My birthday meal (made by one wonderful Hubs), complete with champagne.|