Thursday, September 16, 2010

Run For the Cure

On Sunday, October 3 I'll be participating (read: running/walking/hobbling/crawling) in the CIBC Run for the Cure to raise money for breast cancer research.

I've done the run twice in years past, but had gotten lazy in the past few years and neglected to register, so when a co-worker asked if I'd be interested in running this year I thought, "Hells, yeah!"  It was just the motivation I needed to get off the couch, raise some money, and get some much-needed exercise.

We all know someone, or are someone, whose life has been affected by breast cancer.  It's a disease that gets a lot of air time, and I've even heard people say they are tired of hearing about it.  True, there are many other worthy causes out there.  But this is one that is particularly near and dear to my heart.  Breast cancer has struck women on both sides of my family.  My dad's sister is a survivor, and my mother's mother was a casualty.  I also watched my stepmother battle the disease for several years, ultimately losing her battle the day before my birthday 23rd birthday.  Breast cancer is a biatch, and she needs to be taken down.

No pressure, but if you'd like to donate, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you more information on how you can help.  I have a generous sponsor who has promised to match others' pledges up to $300, so if you do decide to pitch in, you will actually be generating double the dollar amount of your donation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...