Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Three Years Later...

Today is our third wedding anniversary.  The Hubs and I wrote our own vows, and mine started out like this:

You are my love, my laughter, my best friend.  You are my home.

Three years later, this is still 100% true, and I hope it will also be true in thirty years.

Our Vows
There are a few things that have helped us make it this far, and I have a feeling they will also serve us well into the future:
  • Taking ten or fifteen minutes to check in each day - no TV, no distractions, just chat.  We call this "T-time" - more on this in a future post.
  • Separate bathrooms - a girl needs her sanctuary, afterall!
  • Maintaining a sense of humour - the Hubs is better at this than I am, but I'm learning!
  • Being silly together
  • Paying people to clean our apartment every two weeks - we are both frugal people by nature, but there is a point at which we have to admit that our time is worth more than our money and splurge a little.  Coming home to a clean house - and clean bathrooms! (see above) - every other Saturday is an absolute treat, and it means we can focus on things that are more important to us and not spend our time bickering about whose turn it is to scour the inside of the bathtub.
  • The fact that my husband is an incredibly generous and caring individual who calms me down when I get stressed out and makes me laugh when I start to take myself too seriously.
Reminding me not to take life too seriously.

(Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's also not bad to look at!)
 Thanks for hanging in there with me, Hubs, and here's to many, many more years of this:

!

*All photo credits to Elizabeth Soergel, who did our engagement and wedding photos.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Amanda and Dave. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet post. Also helps that the hubs married into an awesome family and has the BEST seester-in-law ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, too cute! Both in pictures and words!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...