Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 2010 Recap

Amber Strocel does a monthly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. So here's what I learned in June:



1. Balancing work and family is, ummm... work!

2.  Strollers have changed quite a bit in the past 30 years.

3.  Bragging on your blog about your nursing amenorrhea will most certainly prompt Aunt Flo to show up at your doorstep.  Oh well, I was able to keep her at bay for 22 months, so I'd say I had a pretty good run!  I was hoping for two years, but I guess that was just utterly greedy of me!

4.  I'm going to have to get myself seriously organized if I'm going to be a working mom.  Lunches, laundry, ironing, outfit-choosing, and baths/showers should all be done the night before since I'm trying to get out the door by 7 am every morning.

5.  A one-year-old's birthday party is more for the parents than the one-year-old.  Like any party, it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun!

6. This one seems pretty obvious but... don't let your one-year-old touch hot candle wax!  You'd be surprised how many people admitted that this or something similar happened at their child's first birthday party.

7. Worm composting is a great solution if you don't have a backyard.  And it's a whole lot easier than I expected it to be.  (So far, at least!)

8.  I have some amazingly talented friends.

9. One-year-olds do not enjoy wearing sunscreen, sunhats, or basically anything that keeps their tender skin safe from the sun's harmful rays.  But I'm pretty sure they'd enjoy a sunburn even less.  Thankfully I haven't had to find that out yet!

10. Make the most of summer while it's around.  You never know when the weather gods are going to go "psych!" and laugh in your face.

3 comments:

  1. 22 months really IS a good run. The good news is that most people find it lasts longer with subsequent children, so you've got that to look forward to.

    The transition back into work can be hard. But I promise it really does get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the hat and sunscreen too. Jack spends a lot of time with the greased hair look because I try to cover his head with sunscreen.
    I hope you are having fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that PSYCH! lol. We got reverse psyched when we returned to Vancouver and felt a wave of sweaty T-dot weather assault us. Guess we'll have to hit the pool tommorow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...