We've had an incredible year, and there is no way it would all fit into one little post. But here are a few of the things that came to mind when I started brainstorming my memorable moments from 2011. Many of them are blog-related.
1. We took Lilah for her very first haircut.
|She was a little nervous.|
2. I celebrated my first bloggiversary.
3. I held my baby's struggling body while she went under general anaesthetic to have her blocked tear duct unblocked. Thankfully, the surgery was successful and did not need to be repeated.
4. House of Lilahbility released its second annual Spring Style Guide.
5. I proved to the world (well, okay, to my blog readers, anyway, which I admit is a miniscule fraction of the world's population) how much my daughter actually resembles me as a toddler, though people are forever informing me she looks just like her daddy.
One of these photos was taken in 1981, and one was taken in 2011 on Hipstamatic for iPhone.
6. I was floored and honoured to be nominated for Vancouver Mom's top 30 Vancouver Mommy Bloggers and I went to my very first blogging-related event.
7. I joined Twitter.
8. I made a few people cry with this slideshow.
9. I beamed with pride when my baby turned two, when my hubby got a prestigious award for his hard work and a promotion in the same month, and when I received my blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
10. I ran for a cure for a fourth time, this time as part of Team Bloggers for Boobies.
11. I met up with some online friends for a little something we dubbed The Mother of All Tweetups. All the beauty, talent, and downright sparkle at that one little restaurant table just about took my breath away. It was a little like a blind date, but the good kind, where you start to envision a lasting relationship.
|Just three of the six lovely ladies I was fortunate enough to get together with - Lisa, Bruna, & Stasha|