Friday, March 25, 2011

Barfy McPukerson

I have no idea how this happened, but it appears that I have somehow gave birth to a puker.  I, who can't even remember the last time I threw up, though I suspect it was alcohol-induced.  (Okay, typing that just triggered a flash-back.  It was my bachelorette party in 2007.)

I blame the Hubs, and his faulty, weak-stomached genes.  The guy can pretty much barf on command.  Which can be handy when you've had too much to drink and you know it's inevitable, but not so fantastic when you'd really like to avoid tasting that three bean salad or ill-advised breakfast burrito again.

Mommy, I don't feel so good!
You may recall the stomach bug I described last June?  Oh, and let's not forget the epic two-week long pukefest in December.  Well, now we have a new notch in our barfy belt.  The Hubs spent a recent Saturday night running from the bed to the bathroom, so I wasn't terribly surprised when Lilah followed suit the next morning and started ralphing all over our apartment.  No biggie, I thought, we've done this before.  It sucked, but this one appeared to be short-lived.  The Hubs was fine by breakfast time, and Lilah appeared to be all better by dinner.  And she was fine for a full 48 hours, but then randomly yakked all over the Hubs as he was putting her to bed on the following Tuesday night.  This follows the pattern from the past few illnesses too.  Sick as a dog for the standard length of time, then fine for two or three days, and then barfy again.  What gives?

Does your kid ever recover from a stomach bug only to relapse a few days later?  I'd love to know whether this is normal or something we should add to the list of what makes our li'l Lilahbility unique and special, and well, a bit of a liability!

4 comments:

  1. I think it is because you make her eat a varied and healthful diet of fruits and veggies. My daughter eats only pringles and hasn't thrown up since she was 5 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, just WAIT till she starts daycare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAWD! WTF are you supposed to do already? I won't tell you that Theo has never barfed (ok once when he stuck his finger down his throat for effect). Okay his napping sucks?! Are we even?

    Sorry Amanda. At least you have your sense of humour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um...yeah. My son - who is a total puker - had a disgusting puke flu last year, got better for like a week and then came down with another puke fest. Gross.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...