Amber Strocel does a monthly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. So here's what I learned in February:
1. Cats are smarter than they look. Ours have figured out that the kid is the key: if they wake Lilah up by whining and scratching at her door, the rest of the household will rise, which means they will get to go outside sooner.This is pret-ty obnoxious at 5 in the morning.
2. I celebrated my first bloggiversary and realized how much joy my little bloggy baby has brought me over the past year.
3. Though it's the shortest month of the year, we British Columbians are in desperate need of a long weekend in February.
4. On a related note, the February blues can be combatted by a sunny weekend and some much-needed family bonding time.
5. I was thrilled to receive (and pass on!) some bloggy love in the form of an award from a fellow blogger.
6. I remembered that, though I quite enjoy teaching parent language workshops, I don't really enjoy the long, long workdays that this entails, and the fact that I see very little of Lilah on those days. On the plus side, I get to come home to this:
7. No matter how minor the procedure, when your kid has surgery under general anesthetic, it's kind of a big deal. Friends reminded me to be kind to myself and eat some chocolate. Now that's some good advice!
8. It is actually possible for a kid to have a cold for two months straight. And that's a whole lotta snot!
9. A couple packages of sanitary napkins can provide several minutes of diversion for a boisterous, cooped-up toddler. Who knew?
10. Buttcheese. Definitely garbage.
What did you learn in February?