Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Monthly Recap: What I learned in February 2011

Amber Strocel does a monthly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. So here's what I learned in February:

1.  Cats are smarter than they look.  Ours have figured out that the kid is the key: if they wake Lilah up by whining and scratching at her door, the rest of the household will rise, which means they will get to go outside sooner.This is pret-ty obnoxious at 5 in the morning.

2.  I celebrated my first bloggiversary and realized how much joy my little bloggy baby has brought me over the past year.

3.  Though it's the shortest month of the year, we British Columbians are in  desperate need of a long weekend in February.

4.  On a related note, the February blues can be combatted by a sunny weekend and some much-needed family bonding time.

5.  I was thrilled to receive (and pass on!) some bloggy love in the form of an award from a fellow blogger.

6.  I remembered that, though I quite enjoy teaching parent language workshops, I don't really enjoy the long, long workdays that this entails, and the fact that I see very little of Lilah on those days.  On the plus side, I get to come home to this:



7.  No matter how minor the procedure, when your kid has surgery under general anesthetic, it's kind of a big deal.  Friends reminded me to be kind to myself and eat some chocolate.  Now that's some good advice!

8.  It is actually possible for a kid to have a cold for two months straight.  And that's a whole lotta snot!

9.  A couple packages of sanitary napkins can provide several minutes of diversion for a boisterous, cooped-up toddler.  Who knew?


10.  Buttcheese.  Definitely garbage.

What did you learn in February?

5 comments:

  1. Yes to a long weekend but maybe a new name like Beat the Blues Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through that minor procedure but under general anaesthetic when my daughter was three -- I couldn't believe how nice the other parents in the waiting room were, even with seriously sick kids. I used to give my son a roll of toilet paper when I wanted to talk on the phone. Your adorable daughter is NOT HELPING my want-more-babies sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttcheese yo! Awesome. Kids get sick so often, I don't care what they say about nursing. Chocolate is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet - I like that. Maybe you should consider going into politics?

    Bibliomama - Very true about the other parents. I sort of felt like a fraud since we were really only in the waiting room for all of a half hour or so.

    Sarah - I know, I really thought our extended nursing would help with the daycare cooties, but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttcheese? Awesome.

    And nothing beats feminine hygiene products for pure entertainment value. Also, photos of toddlers enjoying feminine hygiene products make for future blackmail fodder, so there's that, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...