Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wordful Wednesday: Kickin' it Old School

When it comes to making decisions regarding new technology, the Hubs and I take procrastination to a whole new level.  In fact, describing it as "procrastination" is probably putting it much too lightly.  More like complete paralysis, which comes from being terrified of making a decision we will have to live with and from our utter frugality and constant searches for the best possible deal.  To demonstrate this point, let me just tell you that, just last week, I finally got my iPhone, the one the Hubs so generously promised to me on my 31st birthday.  I'll be 32 in August.

I finally understand what all the fuss is about - and why they call it a smart phone!  Smart?  Bloody genius!  On Friday I wanted to know the name of a song that was playing on the radio - Shazam!  "Santa Monica" by Everclear.  On Sunday I got my butt kicked by Nike Training Club while listening to music that automatically got quieter so I could hear the smug voice of the evil Nike hag telling me to "push myself."  (Actually, her voice is quite lovely and she sounds like a very nice person.  I only hated her for thirty minutes.)  If it could babysit my toddler for me, I'd be in heaven.  Oh wait, it can do that too.  Genius, I tell you!

Anyway, all this is my round-about way of explaining why I'm so late to the Hipstamatic party.  Since I have obviously been in the mood for jumping on bandwagons (at this rate, you might even see me on twitter soon!), I figured I'd see what everyone was raving about.  Love!





She wouldn't be a true Hipsta without a retro minivan complete with wooden side panels, now would she?


More retro:  a phone with an actual cord. 
Thanks to Hipstamatic, now Lilah's toddlerhood doesn't look all that different from my own.  (This app has the added bonus of making me feel less old.  Can't complain about that!)

As a sidenote, does it strike you as ironic that we're using something so technologically advanced as an iPhone to take photos that look like they were taken on a cheap plastic analog camera 30 years ago?

5 comments:

  1. Love Hipstamatic. LOVE the iPhone even more! Apps, apps, apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my iphone. Especially like the Maps/GPS thingy. This Nike app that you speak of. I think I need it. Also love Shazam. It was my first app and just realized I really like Adele because of it. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would download the app in a heartbeat, but my new pentax has multiple "retro" and "toy camera" settings to make your 12 megapixel photos look like crap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - I think it's free! And it's totally geared towards women and it totally kicked my butt and I totally loved it!

    Oooh, enjoy the new toy and all its "fancy" settings, C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a smart phone and I have no idea what hipstamatic is, but I AM on twitter. Come join me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...