And even though I'm breaking the rules (and this wouldn't be the first time, either!), the Grand Master of Lists has done me the great honour of allowing me to select next week's Listicles topic. So, here it is: tell us about your hometown. You can interpret that however you like.
Now, with that little piece of business out of the way, I'll come clean and admit that the real reason this list is off-topic is that I haven't yet done my November recap, and, like any mom, I like to multi-task where I can. So my listicle this week is ten things I learned in November, inspired by Amber Strocel's monthly learnings.
5. Lilah is now at the perfect age for us to do mini-trips together - like to Vancouver Island to visit my aunt and uncle. We can share a room without night wakings (though our girl is a rather loud sleeper!), and she adjusts to new situations fairly adeptly.
6. Chocolate chip cookies inside of brownies a la Bakerella? Yes, please!
7. Feist gives an incredible live performance. Seriously, not to be missed.
8. Life with a toddler is highly unpredictable (okay, I already knew this, but I was reminded of it once again this month). Just when you think you know how yours is going to react to a particular situation, they throw you for a loop. Lilah sat quietly and perfectly still while having her hair cut. Who'da thunk it?
9. Similarly, when you think you know how your child is reacting to meeting Santa, you will be wrong. The situation can change from minute to minute. While we waited in line, Lilah was at first excited to meet the big jolly guy. Then, when we got near the front and watched the children in line in front of us, she totally balked. As I tried to haul her out of the mall-provided car stroller, she hooked her feet under the front lip of it and loudly cried, "No, I don't wanna!" Once I calmly explained that Mama would be there the whole time and convinced her to let me get her out, we approached Santa with some trepidation. But this guy was good, and asked for a high five to break the ice. Once he explained that if she sat on his lap for a picture, he'd give her a candy cane and a colouring book, she gladly climbed into his lap, and even half-smiled for the picture.
|Predictable? Me? Never!|
10. I received my blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and was reminded of the wonderful feeling of achieving something you have been working towards for a long time.