1. I finally realized it's best to avoid wearing dark colours when your wee one has a cold. Otherwise, you will end up with very obvious snotty smears on shoulders and knee areas of your shirts and pants.
2. Wild sockeye salmon is yummy. But it's even yummier when it comes from a Community Supported Fishery where it is caught in a sustainable manner and comes to our table straight from Skipper Otto himself.
3. Toddlers are like sponges. They will absorb and regurgitate everything you do - and so the time has come to start being careful about what we do and say.
4. On a Saturday afternoon trip to the Vancouver Aquarium, I learned that Lilah's favourite is the sea otter exhibit. Mainly because it is cute and furry and reminds her of our cats. Well, at least, that's what I gathered from her enthusiastic pointing, head-nodding, giggling, and exclamation of "kitty!" every time the otter swam by us.
|By the otter tank - unfortunately, the otter was even more camera shy than Lilah.|
6. It is going to take me a while to adjust to being back at work. I've been extremely scattered and absent-minded; losing my phone, forgetting my wallet, misplacing my keys - in short, I feel like I'm losing my mind. And I've been rather hard on myself about it, because I'm usually relatively together and mentally (if not physically) organized. But then I started reallly thinking about it, and the truth is that it took me a good six months to adjust to being home every day with Lilah, so it is probably going to take me about the same amount of time to adjust to going to work four days a week.
7. My daughter does an excellent impression of Sue Sylvester, my favourite character on one of my favourite shows of all time. The Hubs makes fun of me, but I can't help myself, I've always been a sucker for a good song and dance number.
|Is it Lilah, or Sue?|
9. Disco may be poised for a comeback, and Lilah and So You Think You Can Dance Canada appear to be at the forefront of this renaissance.