Friday, July 20, 2012

Thanks

Thanks to a really terrible toothache and general gum pain and inflammation, I am almost a week late with this post.


Thanks to Captain Awesome, a.k.a. the Hubs, we now have a fully-functioning master bathroom that only needs a few more finishing touches.


Thanks to my vacation days and Canada's maternity leave policy, Tuesday was my last day of work for over a year!


Thanks to the roofers banging about on my roof, I feel like the ceiling could collapse on me at any time and I am having trouble hearing myself think.


Thanks to today's unexpected rain, the banging started at 6 am this morning.


Thanks to my raging hormones and incessant pain in my mouth, I have been reduced to tears at the tiniest little thing this week.


Thanks to summer finally having arrived in Vancouver, I have been able to bust out the cute summer outfits I've had squirrelled away for Lilah for ages.


Thanks to my ever-expanding girth, I have very few cute outfits I fit into myself these days.


Thanks to Mr. Dyson's brilliant advertising campaign, superior engineering, an eager Dyson salesman, and the Hubs' sudden and uncharacteristic desire to spend buckets of money on a recent impromptu shopping trip, we are now the proud owners of a brand new, extremely expensive vacuum cleaner that is touted never to lose suction.  I'll report back and let you know if it was worth it.



Now go visit the listmaster to find out who else is giving thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Eeek, sorry about the toothache but yay for that long maternity leave/vacation.... go Canada =)

    Can't wait to see Miss Lilah in her cute summer outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad to hear that you are on maternity leave. Enjoy it!! Enjoy this time together as a family of 3 with little Lilah in the centre. Hope you can get in a few good outings before you blossom to a family of 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can give a "hip, hip hooray" for Canadian maternity leave. and an even bigger one for the Federal Employee's one that has me on my fifth year of child care leave too! So to count up: 3 years of maternity leave (1 per child), and an additional 5 years total for child care leave. Yep....pretty darn thankful!

    hope that tooth stops ailing you and you find something cute and summery to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to you my friend!! Sorry about the toothache and roofers but yeay for the vacuum cleaner ( I think) and summer ( I think) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You just turned a major "Gripe" post into a thanks post. Nice work! Dental stuff is the WORST. DYSON! Hee haw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't work, but man if I did Canada is the place to be & have a baby! That is so amazing that you get such a long maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...