Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wednesday of Few Words: The Makings of a Most Excellent Weekend

I've never met a weekend I didn't like.  But you need sunshine, family, and perhaps a special outing or two to make it a most excellent weekend.  It all came together in the perfect combination for us this past weekend.  It was the first truly spring-like weather we've had this year, and it filled me with optimism.  It didn't hurt that we were riding the high of Friday's sonogram.

In addition to the glorious weather, we enjoyed a trip to the local farmer's market, a visit with Lilah's Grandma and Papa, and the birthday party of a very cute three-year-old.

Recognize this guy?  He's one of the stars of Schwartz Chronicles.
Complete with face-painting,



Funky glasses,

You might also recognize this guy from See Theo Run.

Balloon animals,



And all around partying like rock stars.


Basically, the recipe for a great party!

Sunday saw us enjoying the beautiful weather at Granville Island.

We fed the ducks and geese,



Rode the mini merry-go-round,



(After some initial trepidation, of course)


 Cheated at arcade games,


And soaked in the sunshine.


Weekends like this sustain me; fuel me to get through the weekly grind.  And the great thing about weekends?  Is that they come every five days!



"Always strive to excel, but only on weekends. ~Richard Rorty" 



Live and Love...Out Loudand
 then, she {snapped}

6 comments:

  1. So many great pics, and cool to see the kids of 3 of my favorite bloggy mamas in one spot! What an action-packed weekend you had, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. You ladies sure now how to party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, haven't met a weekend I didn't like. I'm also glad they come every five days...thank goodness! Your pictures are adorable....it looks like the party was so much fun. And cheating at arcade games and soaking in the sun sound perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny...now that I'm home full time, the weekends just aren't as exciting. *sigh*
    Looks like such a fun weekend. That sweet boy is adorable and we won't get into what a little fashionista ms Lilah is becoming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos of the 3 kids! So cute and yes, last weekend was amazing with the sunshine and all. Hoping it comes back soon!

    Congrats again on your very exciting news! BOY stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pics. It looks like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...