Sunday, March 4, 2012

Minor Quirks and Tragic Flaws

Got the Sunday evening blues?  Yeah, me too.  And Monday Listicles may be the only cure!  This week the Listmaster has asked us to list ten things we are not good at, inspired by Jessica.  One thing I am good at is recognizing my own weaknesses, so here goes:

1.  Anything to do with maps and giving or following directions.  I am severely spatially challenged.

2.  Resisting anything sweet that finds itself in my general vicinity.  (Om nom nom.  Gone!)

3.  Telling people how great they are and how much I like them.  Because that would make me feel vulnerable.  And I am not good at being vulnerable.  (This flaw does not apply to the Hubs or the Lilahbility.  They've already got me right where they want me.  Vulnerable doesn't even begin to cover it.)

4. Not letting things get to me. I have a bad habit of sweating the small stuff.

5. Anything to do with crafting.  Give me a simple craft to do, and I will end up hot gluing myself to the table and screaming in frustration when my craft looks like it was done by my two-year-old daughter.

6.  Doing anything in moderation.  I tend to be an all-or-nothing kind of girl.

7. Juggling. Both in the literal and metaphorical sense. I always drop a ball or two.  (Cue snickering from the Hubs.)

8.  Allowing myself (and others) to dream.  I am a realist through and through, probably to a fault.

9.  Staying focused.  This post has taken me twice as long to write up as it should have because the Hubs is watching Walking Dead (which, by the way, gives me zombie nightmares) in the background and I keep getting distracted.

10.  Thinking of ten things I am terrible at.  I guess I have a higher opinion of myself than I realized!

I think, to balance out the negative and the positive, I may have to write a list of things I am great at next week.  I have a feeling that's going to be a whole lot more challenging...



19 comments:

  1. It's funny because in the blink of an eye, I can think of 9 or 10 things I am not good at. Thinking of 9 or 10 things I am good at, not as easy. I guess it's true we are our own worst critic.
    I will start your good list. One thing you are very good at is you have a great sense of style and you dress accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, my friend! Lately I have not been feeling a bit of a failure in that area - possibly because none of my go-to outfits fit anymore!

      Delete
  2. I'm working on the small stuff too...guess I should read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My list took me all of 5 minutes to write :)

    I suck at crafting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I challenge you to do that list next week and prove yourself wrong :)
    I ge distracted easily to as you can tell by tweeting with you while reading these listicles.
    As for balls, surely there is a safety reason some of them come attached...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like number 10! And your little note about your family in number 3. Although neither of these sound like bad things to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay well, oh my goodness, this list could've been me. Every single one of them. Kind of scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could get lost in my own backyard if the sun wasn't out. and it is not big. hubby still has not grasped this truth about me: "the store is on the north east side of John Street, if you are heading South." You seriously don't want the item all that much, do you?
    some balls, in addition to being attached, must also be magnetic and thus always point due North ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could have written this about myself! We are very similar. I try so hard to not let things bother me, but I just can't. And letting myself be vulnerable? I am so bad at that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Staying focused, juggling, doing anything in moderation... all things I suck at too. But these all have a flip side too, right? Variety is the spice of life. Go big or go home. ...and other pithy cliches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am a dream squisher! I can't help that I always see things in a realistic light and if I can't plan for it, then it isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suck at many of those things too..all or nothing, feast or famine that is the kind of girl I am. Also I get lost VERY OFTEN. I panic when I have to go somewhere I have never been b/c I cannot find my way out of a paper bag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moderation, What's that? The Walking Dead, great distraction, sorry it gives you nightmares though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on pretty much every item on your list - especially being directionally-challenged. I can be going somewhere where I just have to drive straight to get there, and I'll still get lost! I agree, I sense a "10 things great about me" list coming to balance things out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, first off, OMG, that face on your header is too precious. Now, let's get to the important stuff, being directionally challenged is perfectly acceptable, that's why all cars have navigation now. Crafts, we covered that on my blog, we can hire people to be crafty. Juggling, as long as it's not the very heavy important balls, we all drop a ball or two. And because like you, I am all or nothing, I have to curtail talking about each thing, because I love your list for all it's honesty and I saw a few here that I should probably add to my own list:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list. I too am a terrible crafter and have such no self control when it comes to sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a realist thru and thru... i always feel like the dream crusher

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...