Whoa! I'm back in the land of ice and snow after 7 glorious days aboard a cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean. More on that later. Right now, it's time to get back into the swing of Monday Listicles hosted by none other than the Grand Exalted Master of the List herself, Stasha. This week's topic was chosen by the fabulous Greta at Not Enough Patience and Never Enough Jewelry: 10 things you said you'd never do but have caught yourself doing. Yeah, it's going to be hard to narrow this list down to just ten, since that's pretty much the definition of motherhood.
So, here goes. My list of ten things I said I'd never do as a parent:
1. Make empty threats.
2. "Let" my child become a picky eater.
3. Become obsessed with my child's bowel movements - colour, size, consistency, frequency... obsessed.
4. Allow my child to run wild in a restaurant.
5. Be "that mom" who sits back, totally uninvolved, playing with her phone while her child plays on the playground.
6. Buy anything Dora-themed for my daughter.
7. Let my child run around with a snotty nose and/or food on her face.
8. Perpetuate gender stereotypes.
9. Bribe my child with sweets.
10. Be that parent with the badly behaved child on an airplane.
Apparently I was a much better parent before I actually gave birth to a child. What's on your list?