Amber Strocel does a montly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. Here's what I learned in May:
1. I learned that the thud of a 10-month-old's head hitting the coffee table is a sickening sound.
2. I discovered that 10-month-olds recover from their bumps and bruises more quickly than their parents do.
3. I learned that, although Mother's Day is undoubtedly a Hallmark holiday, it is rather nice to have a day to be appreciated for, and reflect on, all we do as mothers. (Presents and cards with little blueberry handprints on them are nice too.)
4. I learned that I am a total Napzi and proud of it!
5. I discovered that there is nothing cuter than a baby spontaneously shaking her booty to whatever music happens to be playing in the background.
6. I realized that I have a lot of cleaning in my future.
7. I learned that a baby can, in fact, sleep for 11 hours with a toothbrush lodged inside her pajamas.
8. I learned that, although the Hubs is the chef at our house, I can put together a decent meal and should flex culinary muscles from time to time. I'm now in charge of a couple meals a week, and I've surpised myself this month, both in the quality of meals I've produced, and in my enjoyment of the process.
9. I learned that saying no to chocolate once in a while will not cause me to spontaneously combust.
10. I realized that I truly lead a charmed, charmed life.