Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jinx

Well, it seems I have jinxed myself by bragging about my little angel's sleeping habits. Hold your maniacal laughter. Lilah's still sleeping just fine. So well, in fact, that last night she managed to sleep for 11 hours with a foreign object lodged in her sleeper. And not just any foreign object. She couldn't have been playing with something soft on the change table before bed last night, like a wash cloth or a teeny tiny pillow. No, it had to be her toothbrush that made its way into her pajamas. I blame the Hubs. He's the one who got her ready for bed last night. But it could just as easily have been me. Gah. With parents like us, who needs enemies?

Back to the jinx. I've been having the hardest time getting to sleep and staying that way. That'll teach me for being smug and bragging about my daughter's sleeping habits. The problem is, now I'm a Napzi and a Zombie all rolled into one. Two for the price of one, and twice as scary. And far more likely to make absent-minded parenting blunders like putting my child to bed with a toothbrush digging into her back. Sigh. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, two things have been proven by this inadvertent experiment:
1) The old saying "sleeping like a baby" may not actually be that far off. I have a problem with the metal springs in our sagging mattress digging into me, so I can only imagine what a toothbrush would feel like!
2) Lilah deserves better parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...