1. It is, in fact, possible for carrots to explode in the microwave.
2. On the occasion of a friend's bachelorette party, I discovered that I am old. The club scene just doesn't hold the same allure that it did when I was in my twenties. I do like to dance, but I can do without the smoke machines, the expensive, watered-down beverages, and the young people acting ridiculous. I know, I'm a real fuddy-duddy. Imagine what I'll be like when I'm 90!
3. Toddlers can catch on to the point of an egg hunt pretty darn quickly when there's chocolate involved.
4. Hindsight is 20/20. For Lilah, a period of major crankiness often precedes a massive language explosion.
5. People like positivity. Here I was, trying to be all witty and ironic and stuff, and it turns out that the post that got the most positive feedback, pretty much ever, was What's Good?, a post about finding the good in situations, a message I picked up at a professional conference I had attended. Who knew being earnest and gooey would be so popular?
|It official, spring is good.|
7. Toddlers can talk about a particular subject of interest, like an owie or poo-poo all day, everyday, for weeks on end, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
8. My love/hate relationship with Vancouver's cherry blossoms was rekindled. Love the pretty, hate the allergies.
9. Lilah looks a lot more like me than people give me credit for on first glance.
|Me as a toddler.|
By absolutely no means do I consider myself a real contender for this title, but I am absolutely thrilled to be lumped in with the pretty and popular kids, so don't burst my bubble, mmmkay? Throw a few votes my way by clicking here. And don't forget to check out the other fabulous mom bloggers on the list!