Amber Strocel does a monthly recap and has invited others to play along and link up. So here's what I learned in January:
1. Creating a slideshow on Windows Movie Maker is a whole lot easier than I expected. And I really enjoy the process. I'm already looking for an excuse to whip up another one!
2. There's nothing like a friend visiing from out-of-town (out-of-country, actually) to get a whole bunch of old friends all in the same room.
3. Credit card roulette is a dangerous little game, especially when the the bill is for dinner for ten people at a decent restaurant.
4. I'm usually behind the camera, so occasionally a self-portrait is in order.
5. Baby putting babies to bed: funny stuff.
6. No Glee for an entire month can lead to serious withdrawls.
7. Baby's first haircut doesn't have to be a huge ordeal. And as a bonus, I have rediscovered the little divet at the nap of her neck - the sweetest, softest, most perfectly kissable little divet in the history of divets.
8. Every parent should have a healthy supply of stickers on hand at all times.
9. There is nothing more thrilling and more hilarious than your child's first attempts at saying new words.
10. Apparently, my New Year's Resolutions are no match for Procrastination, Excuses, Job Stress, and Gluttony. Not to worry, February will be my month!