Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wednesday of Few Words: We Get By With a Little Help From Our Friends

Sunday was...how do I put this?  Ummm, let's go with "interesting."  The Hubs was battling a bad cold, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and then developed a terrible headache, and Lilah was wearing her crankiest cranky pants.  (Even though she was wearing a dress.)  To say we were in a funk would be a drastic understatement.

Thankfully, as we were headed out to the park to fill the post-nap gap, we had the good fortune to run into this little guy:



(And his parents, of whom we are also quite fond.)

We were able to convince them to come to the park with us, and their presence pretty much saved the day. 



Well, that and the park's drinking fountain.

It started out innocently enough.






But it wasn't long before the water fountain became a makeshift spray park.


Which resulted in a whole lot more of this:


Yep, that's a smile.  Suddenly, my headache was gone and we were all in a much better mood.  Funny how quickly spending time with friends can turn things around.

And how do you make a great afternoon park date with friends even better?  By carrying it over into dinner and ordering sushi!

Of course, kids (messily) eating dinner together just screams for a shared bath and story time.  Which inevitably leads to goodnight snuggles.



Wishing a happy Wednesday to all of friends, near and far.



and then, she {snapped}Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Nothing cheers me up more than pictures of adorable kids giggling and playing carelessly together - so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Those pictures are amazing. It's moments like those that childhood is built on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visitng from And Then, She Snapped and I'm loving the water fountain pictures. I guess most things are made better by water. And parks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great turn around to the day. Those are the best. Totally love that last photo...that's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends at the park are the best. Everything seems more fun and the fun usually lasts longer. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know too well those grumpy days. I've had many of them in my pregnancy so far. I always feel so much better when I haul my ass out the door and enjoy some time outside doing something carefree. It can be hard to get there but it is worth it when you do! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe! I really really love water fountain pictures and you REALLY captured some sweet moments!!

    New follower from the ww and then, she {snapped} link.

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE those goodnight snuggles - how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bits of BeeThe actual event cheered up my Sunday, and the photos have been keeping me going ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @BarbaraI agree - and the best moments are the unplanned ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @emSo I guess it'll make the cut for their wedding slide show??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun day at the park!! beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful children you have. Looks like they had tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so sweet!! I love those water fountain pictures! And that last one just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having the three kids downstairs is just a saviour over and over again! Yay for little friends who come with awesome parents ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. MAN!! Those pictures are stunning and I wish I had your ability for capturing these wonderful moments!

    Watching kids play with their kid friends is one of the best parts of motherhood. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i forgot to follow.. now i am.. twitter and google..

    thanks for the nicest comment!

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I'd checked Blogger yesterday so I could have seen and been uplifted by these photos--the last one especially! They've brightened this already decent afternoon, but yesterday . . . maybe I'll just revise memories of this post so that they coincided with a yesterday I'm very glad is over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like the perfect day!
    Such great "fountain" shots.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love running into friends at the park. Yay!

    PS. Hope Miss L is feeling better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots! I loved how you captured the expressions on the little ones. What a great time y'all had!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Man have I been there and there is no better remedy--or distraction!--than friends :). the pictures are great and it sounds like the day turned out well after all :). THanks for sharing your day with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that is the cutest little cranky-dress ever!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...