Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday of Few Words: A Toddler's First Encounter with the White Stuff

The weather forecast for Friday night called for unusually cold temperatures and snow.  Snow!  On the 20th of November in Vancouver! Of course, having a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and zero knowledge of meteorology, I felt more than qualified to say, "Pshaw!  I'll believe it when I see it!"  (Yes, I'm unbelievably cool - I say things like "pshaw.")  This of course meant that I neglected to charge the battery of our super duper awesome camera and had only the little point-and-shoot with which to document Lilah's reaction to the surprisingly thick blanket of snow we woke up to on Saturday morning.

Hey, what's this cold white stuff all over the ground?


She doesn't own winter boots or a snowsuit yet because, you know, her mom knows better than those silly meteorologists.  We never get snow before Christmas in Vancouver!  So it was rain boots and a muddy buddy with lots of layers underneath for our li'l Lilahbility. 

There's a rumour going around (probably started by those gossipy busybody meteorologists) that this is going to be an unusually cold and snowy winter in Vancouver.  I might just be starting to buy into the hype!

6 comments:

  1. I pulled out the oversized purple giant grape snowsuit (for a three-yr-old) for the occasion. Then the other day when it was -9, I put him in a bright red fleece one-piece suit with another fleece jacket over top. It was a seriously ridiculous look. I did spring for winter boots - well a mini-spring ($20) but they're lined and water proof and he digs them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I semi-believed the meteorologists and bought some winter gear. None of it is quite warm enough to make us happy when we're outside though. It's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, she is one cutie patootie. That serious expresion on her face in almost every photo is so YOU, Mand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant believe how grown up she looks..and so super cool in the outfit.. cant believe you got snow before us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her snowsuit is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 5-year-old is wearing size 3 snowpants because I have a hard time justifying the expense of new ones. We live in VANCOUVER, after all.

    Perhaps I need to bite the bullet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...